Fermilab/Dzero Design Guidelines
Contact Rick Hance at X3898 or email@example.com for more information.
These Documents are PDF format. If you need a free viewer, get it from: Adobe
Updated 6/23/99 (Modified instructions for Safety Reviews)
Updated 7/13/99 (Modified Standard for Cables Used in the Dzero Upgrade)
Updated 9/1/99 (Added the DOE Handbook of Electrical Safety)
Updated 12/21/99 (Added Sample Electrical Safety Review Document)
Updated 3/3/00 (Added Suggested Checkout for 1553 Interface)
Updated 9/11/00 (Added other sample Electrical Safety Review Documents)
Updated 9/20/00 (Added legal notices)
Updated 10/24/2001 - Finally got Kerberized and regained access to the web server; so uploaded all the documents that had changed.
- Electrical Design Standards for Electronics to be Used in Experiment Apparatus at Fermilab -- This document describes the basic design standards that apply to electronic equipment that will be used in experiments in the beamlines and Dzero collider at Fermilab. The Electrical Safety Review Committees will refer to this document when they review the apparatus for unattended operation:
- Electrical Safety Review -- This document describes the documentation requirements for a successful electrical safety review of equipment to be installed at Dzero. A checklist is included. Sample Document 1 (MDT low voltage power distribution) and Sample Document 2 (SiDet 10% test HV) are samples of electrical safety review documents describing small systems to reviewers. Sample Document 3 (Dzero Solenoid Energization, Controls, Interlocks & Quench Protection System) is an example of an electrical safety review document for a much larger system .
- Engineers Orientation -- This document is intended as an orientation to new Engineers in the Dzero Electronics Group. It has some useful information on documentation standards and control.
- Standards for Cables Used in the Dzero Upgrade -- This document describes the cable types that may be used in various applications in order to provide acceptable resistance to fire and to limit damage from noxious/corrosive fumes.
- DOE Handbook of Electrical Safety -- Department of Energy Safety Standards for DOE facilities involved in the use of electrical energy. Very good source of guidelines for grounding (Chapter 4); and for enclosed electrical/electronic equipment (Chapter 9).
- 1553 Interface Validation -- This document provides a list of suggested tests to a 1553 interface on a device before the device is released for production or submitted to the Software Group for integration into the Dzero Control System.